Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Weekend Getaway - Corolla Beach - Personal

A few weeks ago we visited Corolla Beach for a friend's wedding (more on that later!). My family used to go to the Nags Head area for vacation every summer, but it's been years since I've been back. It was so much fun seeing some of the places I remember! However, I did NOT remember the awful traffic. I'm sure it was there, and my dad was probably all frustrated while us kids were happily playing in the back totally oblivious to adult frustrations :) We ended up sitting in traffic for about 5 hrs trying to get on the island, but once we made it, we had a blast! After the wedding, Michael and I were able to go hang-gliding at Kitty Hawk. We are sort of thrill-seekers... so far we've gone sky diving, taken a hot air balloon ride, and gone parasailing. This was also on our list! It was SO much fun. Still slightly terrifying, as this tiny bi-plane pulls you up holding you by a single string, but a lot of fun. We hung out on the beach, got up to see the sunrise, and ate some amazing food. It was a quick visit, just a long weekend, but we had a great time. Enjoy my favorites from the visit!

                                                               Sunrise on the beach












Hang-gliding! Not awkward at all to be laying on top of a stranger









Visiting a restaurant featured on Diners, Dive-Ins and Drives




Sunset on the waterfront at dinner







No comments:

Post a Comment